Scraped Knees and Sunburn... Sounds like words to a country song but now that I am a mom, when I think about summertime I think of all the scraped knees Margo will have (because all winter her tiny legs have been protected by jeans or thick leggings) and all the sunscreen that will have to be used when we play outdoors. I learned my lesson today - we spent the day outside frolicking in gorgeous weather but I forgot to put on sunscreen on my little white girl so she came away with red arms this evening and got her first scraped knee of the season just a few days ago. So I guess, bring on summer!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
So with it being a day for love, I want to write down some of the little sayings that I LOVE to hear from our precious girl...
1) what I smell momma? (sniffing my hands, the air, or even my breath to figure out what smell she smells)
2) see Mommy and Margo please? (when I am on the computer and she wants to look at pictures)
3) whatcha doing Mommy? (she's a curious little bug)
4) Lina Come! (yells this as she claps her hands for Carolina to come... most times our poor dog just ignores her)
5) what's on the itouch? (when there is a song on Pandora she doesn't know)
6) turn it up mommys! (along the same line, when she wants the music turned up)
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Margo LOVES going to church. Anytime that we pull out of our driveway in the direction of our church, she squeals with delight and says "go to church?" Well, today was her day, getting all dressed up, putting on her froggie backpack, and even her wooden cross necklace to go sing to Jesus and enjoy time with her friends in nursery!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
I used a sling with Margo all the time when she was a baby! I actually used it all the way up until I went to Cincinnati this past summer and lost it somewhere in the travel. Well, I found one on clearance at our local kid's consignment and Margo loved being back in one! She loves sitting on my back while I make food and thought it was great fun when I let her carry her own baby around in it! I just may have to learn how to sew one for her... hmmm new project here I come! :)