Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snow White vs. Ice Cream

The "crazy mom" story of our time at Disney is as follows... We (Nina, Margo, and I) were in line to see Snow White. We didn't get a "private audience" with her the day before at Magic Kingdom so Margo was very excited to see Snow White. Now, we have been to Epcot a lot and I have my favorite food choices in all the countries in the World Showcase. My very favorite food is the ice cream in France. It is a-mazing, probably the best I've ever had! Well, the guy behind us in line had it and I just couldn't wait. So, while my mom waited in line for Snow White in Germany, I took Margo and we headed for France. It took a lot longer to get to France then I remembered and so I tried to walk fairly briskly with Margo in one arm and my beloved France ice cream in the other. All of a sudden I get a call. It's Nina. "They've closed the line and there are only three people in front of me and I'm letting the people behind me go ahead to try to buy us some time - hurry!" So I let Margo hold the ice cream (getting it all over her face and arms and in my hair) and we RUN back to Germany. I was totally winded and started walking about 3/4 of the way there when a lady came up to me and said "I saw you behind us in line to see Snow White, they've closed the line - you need to run!" So off I go again. I made it as the LAST person went and my mom and I frantically tried to wipe Margo down from her sticky mess. I threw the ice cream in the stroller, grabbed Margo, handed the camera to my mom and we made it to see Snow White in person! I sure hope Margo enjoys these pictures for all posterity. And I totally wish that Margo was wearing her Snow White outfit, but Margo told Snow White that she had the same dress and Snow White said Dopey must have done her laundry because he always shrinks her clothes. It ended up being one of the highlights of Epcot so I'm glad I looked like a total crazy mom for my little girl! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment