Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Deployment Recognition

I was honored to be part of the monthly Volunteer Award Ceremony here at Fort Campbell and received a Rear-D Deployment Coin and pin awarded to me by the 101st Division (I was nominated by our brigade who is over the squadron - all that to say that it was a huge honor and very nerve raking to be recognized.The coin is one of 100 that are given out to recognized volunteers and is only given over the year that our division is deployed.  The Army has special coins that are kind of like a medal that you can display, and a pin that you can wear to events and is a special achievement within the Army.  I also have to give a special shout out to Jim - he stepped up last minute and did the invocation over the ceremony because their wasn't a chaplain available!  They called on the chaplain to give the prayer and when no one stepped up, Jim stepped in to do it and did an awesome job praying over the families and soldiers being honored. I'm so thankful for God's blessing of the time and work that we've put into our Family Readiness Group and for the honor of serving our country.
Holding my brochure and name tag from my seat
Reserved seating! ;)

Shaking hands with the general and his wife!

They handed me the pin and coin as they shook my hand

Posing with all the volunteer awardees!

Our squadron's command team came out to support us.  Tracy and LTC Mike Harvey!
My FRG Deployment Coin (front of the coin)

Back of the coin
All of my pins - the one in the center with the eagle on it was the one I got that evening, top left is of our brigade, below that is the squadron's pin, below that are two silver spur awards, then the Chaplaincy pin, and the upper right is the Protestant Women of the Chapel pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment